Monday, September 08, 2003

On Tommy Windsor's second chance

The news that Tommy Windsor is back at the AG's office rankles some people (The State | 09/07/2003 | Writer of offensive e-mails rehired), and while his politics rankle me, I say he deserves a second chance. I've known Tommy for quite a while, I can tell you that his past transgressions really were a rather lame attempt at humor. Yeah, yeah, he shouldn't have used his state computer to send those messages to anyone, but you can bet he won't make that mistake again. Besides that, I continue to maintain that the Constitution of the United States does not include a right not to be offended. Offensive speech is the very speech that needs to be protected by 1st Amendment, and I'd be sorry if I didn't piss off a few of you every time I put pen to paper.

No comments: