Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Lovely Day For A Guinness!

Someone recently pointed out to me that I haven't ranted for a while on here, so before I lose my reputation as budding curmudgeon, I thought I better do a little blogging.

Guinness has long marketed its great product with the slogan "Guinness is good for you." Turns out they're right, with word of a study presented at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions 2003 that finds Dark Beer May Be Better for the Heart.

Low-carb beers have become all the rage - the problem being that most of them taste like water with a drop or two of water added. But the true connoisseur knows that Guinness offers great taste and low carbs.

I've dropped a lot of lb's myself in the last few months, through a combination of a controlled - not necessarily low - carb diet and increased exercise. Guinness is a vital and fulfilling part of my diet. I urge each of you to hoist a pint tonight!

No comments: